Re: E-M:/ population as an environmental issue

Enviro-Mich message from "Anna Dorothy Graham" <grahama9@msu.edu>

There IS something we can do about global overpopulation -- we can pressure our representatives to restore funding for family planning initiatives throughout the developing world.
And remember, smaller families are a net gain for people around the world -- there are innumerable studies showing that having fewer children raises standards of living and allows children and WOMEN to be HEALTHIER and better educated, setting up a much healthier and prosperous cycle for all concerned.
Anna