Re: E-M:/ population as an environmental issue

Larry Nooden wrote:

> Judging from the emerging data on the world's carrying capacity
> relative to the human population, we will eventually need to find
> humane ways to reduce the world's human population (not just
> redistribute the resources we have).

I wonder what portion of the population would express shock or anger
upon hearing such a statement, even though it is true (and quite neutral
in tone).

> The denial (and discrediting
> of scientists) here is even greater than that of global warming,
> and I think that problem is now evident to most observers.

The lack of willingness to hear or speak of it is astonishing, even
among the fairly well educated.  To see the darkest flavor of hysteria
on matters of science, Google up Eric Pianka and Nazi.  He's made the
mistake of going on record with true statements several times; you'd
think he was Pol Pot and Idi Amin rolled into one.

> This is the legacy we will leave our children.

And once they realize it... they're going to curse every one of us.

GS

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them