Re: E-M:/ population as an environmental issue

Enviro-Mich message from williamtobler@critterswoods.org

It was my understanding that International family planning was doing very
well in the 70s.  Then came along Ronald Reagan and the Repubs that killed
the US support of it, both internationally and here in the states.
And look where we are now.  Bush appoints a guy, Eric Keroack, who
believes that even contraception is demeaning to women, to head the
Department of Health and Human Services!  US population growth is out of
control.

My personal opinion is that population control, both international and
national, is the most important environmental issue.  Without this,
everything else is just a stalling tactic to the inevitable. And every day
without it is a day lost with no going back.

Like Gary Stock, I am very pessimistic about the future even just 50 years
from now.  Heck, just 10 or 20 years from now.