Re: E-M:/ A washingtonpost.com article from: earthwoman@core.com

earthwoman@core.com wrote:

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/31/AR2007013101808.html

> The Long Consensus On Climate Change
>
> By Naomi Oreskes
> In 1965, the concern that greenhouse gases would lead to global
> warming was a prediction. Today, it is an established scientific fact.

Now the excuses can stop... right?

Intelligence can prevail... right?

Self-preservation anyway... right?

First, we need to rewrite history:

   http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=6029092

   "The White House notes that as far back as 2001, the president
    was calling climate change an important problem, and saying
    human activity played a major role."

Then, block any possible response:

   http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/politics/4522762.html

   Energy Secretary Samuel Bodman warned against "unintended
   consequences" ? including job losses ? that he said might result
   if the government requires economy-wide caps on carbon dioxide
   from the burning of fossil fuels.

   "There is a concern within this administration, which I support, that
   the imposition of a carbon cap in this country would ? may ? lead to
   the transfer of jobs and industry abroad (to nations) that do not
   have such a carbon cap," Bodman said. "You would then have the U.S.
   economy damaged, on the one hand, and the same emissions, potentially
   even worse emissions."...

   "Even if we were successful in accomplishing some kind of debate
   and discussion about what caps might be here in the United States,
   we are a small contributor to the overall, when you look at the
   rest of the world. And so it's really got to be a global solution,"
   Bodman said.

For emphasis, the United States' Secretary of Energy is saying:

   "...here in the United States, we are a small contributor..."

Oh, and by the way:

   "Bodman said he would make the same argument against carbon caps
   even if the U.S. share were larger."

?!?!?

Geez, and I thought Spence Abraham was as stupid as they'd ever find...

GS

     The best proof for a claim that terrorists are crazy or evil
     would be to acknowledge that the White House is full of them