E-M:/ Sierra Club Great Lakes Meetings in Western Michigan

KEEP OUR GREAT LAKES GREAT!

Signup TODAY to Attend a Sierra Club Great Lakes Community Meeting

HOLLAND

Wednesday, March 14 at 7pm

Herrick District Library (300 South River Avenue; Holland)

MUSKEGON

Friday, March 16 at 7pm

Muskegon Community College (Blue and Gold Room; 221 South Quarterline Road; Muskegon)

The Great Lakes hold one fifth of the world’s fresh water supply and currently provide drinking water to over 42 million people.  Yet each day, our Lakes are damaged economically and ecologically by untreated sewage, toxic pollution, and invasive species.  Unless we invest in a solution today, the price we will pay tomorrow will be much higher and future generations may never experience the Great Lakes as we know them.

Fortunately there is a solution – you!  Please attend one of the upcoming Great Lakes Community Meetings in Holland or Muskegon.  Melissa Damaschke, Michigan Great Lakes Organizer for Sierra Club, will provide you with information on the following:

  • Sierra Club’s Great Lakes Campaign in Michigan,
  • Threats to the Great Lakes and solutions to those threats, and
  • Actions you can do to PROTECT the Great Lakes.

Please complete and return the bottom portion of this e-invitation indicating which workshop you will attend and what you can do to help Sierra Club keep the Great Lakes GREAT!  If you have any questions, please contact me at 248-435-5277 or melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org.  My office is based out of Royal Oak (east side of Michigan) but I am only a phone call or email away.

Together, we will protect our Great Lakes!

Melissa Damaschke

Sierra Club Michigan Great Lakes Organizer

248-435-5277

Melissa.Damaschke@sierraclub.org

Please complete and email the following information to me by Friday, March 9, melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org.

NAME_______________________________________________________________________________

ADDRESS_______________________________________CITY______________________ZIP_________

c I will attend the Great Lakes Community Meeting on Wednesday, March 14 at the Herrick District Library

c I will attend the Great Lakes Community Meeting on Friday, March 16 at the Muskegon Community College

c I cannot attend the community meetings but would like to help Sierra Club by:

O       writing letters to the editor about Great Lakes issues

O       monitoring newspapers for any articles related to the Great Lakes

O       giving a presentation to my religious group or club (Kiwanis, Rotary, Knitting Circle, Fishing Group)

O       hosting a party at my home for my friends, family, and neighbors

O       making phone calls to other Sierra Club members

c Sign me up for the Action Alert Team.  Members on the Action Alert Team take immediate action on important Great Lakes issues by sending letters or making phone calls to legislators and newspapers.