Re: E-M:/ What You Wont See in The Alpena News

The article re EPA is available on the Traverse City Record Eagle:  http://www.record-eagle.com/2007/feb/21epa.htm
Or by googling EPA Mercury Flesher
Bob Marshall, nmeac
On Feb 21, 2007, at 10:44 AM, William Freese wrote:

Folks

John Flesher of the Associated Press wrote an excellent article once again on the press release yesterday, February 20, 2007, on the 8 states plus a number of environmental groups suing the EPA for ignoring orders by the federal court of appeals to include all cement kilns to met mercury emission standards. His full article made the front page of the Alpena News. You can go online bring up the front page and see the article but you will not be able to read it. It is there but it is not and there is a reason for that. This is the rule not the exception.

You will be able to read the article if you buy the paper. You will not be able to do so online. If it is anything that might be negative for Alpena or would hurt it's cool city image it is not available online. If it might hurt the image of our largest emitter of mercury in the state it is not there. Concern for the advertising dollar over concern for the residents of northeastern Michigan takes aback seat by both our newspaper and television station. Lafarge has bought their way into everything else. Why not the news media?

The link below is all you will see in the Alpena News.

Bill Freese, Director
HEAL

http://www.thealpenanews.com/oniWire/oniWireDetails.asp?articleID=17683

Robert Marshall