Re: E-M:/ FW: Air quality forecast for Lansing

It would be good to know why the particle pollution is so high in these areas.  I'm assuming the wind blows towards us from Chicago area industrial facilities (particularly steel plants and refineries around Gary Indiana).  How much do coal power plants contribute?  Any sources you can refer me to?

Another useful piece of information would be the pollution output from the 3-stack Lansing power plant just a mile from the capitol.  It would be helpful to point out to Michigan legislators the amount of CO2, mercury, particles and other pollutants literally under the noses.  It could help argue for a high RPS and energy efficiency program.

Take care,   frank

Check out free AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and much more.