E-M:/ Potawatomi Indians go Class I PSD near Crandon, WI

Potawatomi Indians seek Class I prevention of significant deterioration
designation for their lands near Crandon, WI  --

This will require very little air quality deterioration and potential
visibility protections in Forest County, WI and will have an affect
air quality planning and permitting in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

I'm wondering if this is in partial reaction to the Crandon, WI
proposal for copper mining in the past.

[Federal Register: February 23, 2007 (Volume 72, Number 36)]
[Proposed Rules]
[Page 8138-8139]
 From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
[DOCID:fr23fe07-19]

ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
40 CFR Part 52
[EPA-R05-OAR-2004-WI-0002; FRL-8280-5]

Federal Implementation Plan Under the Clean Air Act for Certain
Trust Lands of the Forest Country Potawatomi Community Reservation if
Designated as a PSD Class I Area; State of Wisconsin

AGENCY: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
ACTION: Announcement of public hearings and extension of the comment
period.

SUMMARY: The EPA is announcing two public hearings on our proposed
``Federal Implementation Plan Under the Clean Air Act for Certain Trust
Lands of the Forest Country Potawatomi Community Reservation if
Designated as a PSD Class I Area; State of Wisconsin.'' We are also
extending the comment period from January 17, 2007, until April 27,
2007, 30 days from the second public hearing. This proposed rulemaking
was published in the Federal Register on December 18, 2006 (71 FR
75694), and proposes to promulgate a Federal Implementation Plan (FIP)
if it approves the Forest County Potawatomi (FCP) Community's request
to redesignate certain trust lands as a Class I area under the
Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) program.

DATES: Public Hearing. The first public hearing will be held in
Crandon, Wisconsin, at the Forest County Potawatomi Executive Building,
starting at 6 p.m. CDT on March 27, 2007, and will continue until 8:30
p.m. The second public hearing will be held at the Crandon Community
Building in Crandon, Wisconsin, starting at 2 p.m. CDT on March 28,
2007 and will continue until 4:30 p.m.
    Comments. Comments on the proposed rulemaking must be received on
or before April 27, 2007.

ADDRESSES: Public Hearing. The March 27, 2007, public hearing will be
held at the Forest County Potawatomi Executive Building, 5416
Everybody's Road, in Crandon, Wisconsin, and the March 28, 2007, public
hearing will be held at the Crandon Community Building, 601 West
Washington Street, Crandon, Wisconsin.
    Comments. Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-
R05-OAR-2004-WI-0002 by one of the following methods:
    ? <A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A>. Follow the on-line instructions for
submitting comments.
    ? E-mail: <A HREF="mailto:a-and-r-docket@epamail.epa.gov";>a-and-r-docket@epamail.epa.gov</A>.
    ? Fax: 202-566-1741.
    ? Mail: Attention Docket ID No. EPA-R05-OAR-2004-WI-0002,
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA West (Air Docket), 1200
Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest, Mailcode: 6102T, Washington, DC 20460.
Please include a total of 2 copies.
    ? Hand Delivery: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA
West (Air Docket), 1301 Constitution Avenue, Northwest, Room 3334,
Washington, DC 20004, Attention Docket ID No. EPA-R05-OAR-2004-WI-0002.
Such deliveries are only accepted during the Docket's normal hours of
operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of
boxed information.
    Instructions. Direct your comments to Docket ID No. EPA-R05-OAR-
2004-WI-0002. EPA's policy is that all comments received will be
included in the public docket without change and may be made available
online at <A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A>, including any personal information
provided, unless the comment includes information claimed to be
Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose
disclosure is restricted by statute. Do not submit information that you
consider to be CBI or otherwise protected through <A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A>
or e-mail. The <A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A> Web site is an ``anonymous access''
system, which means EPA will not know your identity or contact
information unless you provide it in the body of your comment. If you
send an e-mail comment directly to EPA without going through
<A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A> your e-mail address will be automatically captured
and included as part of the comment that is placed in the public docket
and made available on the

[[Page 8139]]

Internet. If you submit an electronic comment, EPA recommends that you
include your name and other contact information in the body of your
comment and with any disk or CD-ROM you submit. If EPA cannot read your
comment due to technical difficulties and cannot contact you for
clarification, EPA may not be able to consider your comment. Electronic
files should avoid the use of special characters, any form of
encryption, and be free of any defects or viruses. For additional
instructions on submitting comments, go to the SUPPLEMENTARY
INFORMATION section of this document.
    Docket: All documents in the docket are listed in the
<A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A> index. Although listed in the index, some
information is not publicly available, e.g., CBI or other information
whose disclosure is restricted by statute. Certain other material, such
as copyrighted material, will be publicly available only in hard copy.
Publicly available docket materials are available either electronically
in <A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A> or in hard copy at the U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency, Air Docket, EPA/DC, EPA West, Room 3334, 1301
Constitution Ave., NW., Washington, DC. The Public Reading Room is open
from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal
holidays. The telephone number for the Public Reading Room is (202)
566-1744, and the telephone number for the Air Docket is (202) 566-1742.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

I. General Information

A. What Should I Consider as I Prepare My Comment for EPA?

    1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through
<A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov";>http://www.regulations.gov</A> or e-mail. Clearly mark the part or all of the
information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or
CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as
CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the
specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one
complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as
CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information
claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket.
Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with
procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2. Send or deliver information
identified as CBI only to the following address: Roberto Morales, OAQPS
Document Control Officer (C404-02), U.S. EPA, Research Triangle Park,
NC 27711, Attention Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2003-0076.
    2. Tips for Preparing Your Comments. When submitting comments,
remember to:
    ? Identify the rulemaking by docket number and other
identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and
page number).
    ? Follow directions--The agency may ask you to respond to
specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of
Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
    ? Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives
and substitute language for your requested changes.
    ? Describe any assumptions and provide any technical
information and/or data that you used.
    ? If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how
you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be
reproduced.
    ? Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns, and
suggest alternatives.
    ? Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the
use of profanity or personal threats.
    ? Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period
deadline identified.

B. Where Can I Get a Copy of This Document and Other Related Information?

    In addition to being available in the docket, an electronic copy of
this notice will also be available on the World Wide Web. Following
signature by the Regional Administrator, a copy of this notice will be
posted at <A HREF="http://www.epa.gov/nsr";>http://www.epa.gov/nsr</A>.

C. What Will Occur at the Public Hearings?

    The public hearings will provide interested parties the opportunity
to present data, views, or arguments concerning this proposed change.
The EPA may ask clarifying questions during the oral presentations, but
will not respond to the presentations at that time. Written statements
and supporting information submitted during the comment period will be
considered with the same weight as any oral comments and supporting
information presented at the hearing.

    Dated: February 13, 2007.
Bharat Mathur,
Acting Regional Administrator, Region 5.
[FR Doc. 07-826 Filed 2-22-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com