[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Inquiry: Are cornstarch-based packing "peanuts" safe for composting?
- Subject: E-M:/ Inquiry: Are cornstarch-based packing "peanuts" safe for composting?
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 09:37:36 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AcdfJutVHpvlPH4MQ4GoITgyhEkQtwADLbyQ
- Thread-topic: Inquiry: Are cornstarch-based packing "peanuts" safe for composting?
I am an organic
veggie gardener and try to reduce toxics in our family's food intake wherever
possible. Does anyone know if water-soluble cornstarch-based packing
"peanuts" are safe for composting? What's in those peanuts besides
cornstarch? Anything we should be concerned
about? My son and my wife have small businesses that involve a
lot high mail-order packages, so I have a ready supply of the packing
"peanuts" and the water-soluble ones seem to be more in use these days than the
petroleum-based styrofoam ones.