Re: E-M:/ Governor's executive order

When will MDEQ trash the so-called "Clean Corporate Citizen Program"
as part of state budget cuts?

How about chopping MDEQ grants to Granholm-befriended developers doing
ethnic cleansing of Jean Klock Park on Lake Michigan of black residents in Benton Harbor in
the name of golf course and gated-community residential development there....
....Granholm must be listening too much to the Democratic
Leadership Council these days if she thinks that disenfranchising
the black community in Benton Harbor in favor of corporate golf course
developers is good Democratic Party politics.

Fees charged to E85, Inc, an ethanol plant developer, in Ohio for
obtaining a 300 page air quality discharge permit to install:  $33450

Fees charged to E85, Inc. for obtaining an ethanol air discharge
permit to install  for a plant at Corunna, MI:  $0

At 07:05 AM 03/23/2007, Maggie Fields wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Maggie Fields" <FIELDSM@michigan.gov>
>
>Below is the recent announcement on funding from the SRFs.
>

>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>March 22, 2007
>
>Contact: Robert McCann
>              (517) 241-7397
>
>DEQ Announces Loan Commitments for Local Infrastructure Improvement Projects
>
>Department of Environmental Quality Director Steven E. Chester today announced sixteen new loan commitments from the state?s revolving fund programs. The State Revolving Fund (SRF) and Strategic Water Quality Initiatives Fund (SWQIF) provide low-interest financing for local units of government to make needed improvements to wastewater collection and treatment facilities, while assistance from the Drinking Water Revolving Fund (DWRF) finances improvements to public drinking water systems.  The loans announced today total $74,170,000.
>
>?We continue to make progress in protecting and enhancing Michigan?s irreplaceable water resources,? said Director Chester.  ?These funds stimulate needed infrastructure improvements and represent a real investment in Michigan?s environmental and economic future.?
>
>The funded SRF/SWQIF projects include:
>
>*  $26,000,000 to the city of Lansing for continuation of its long term sewer separation plan that will eventually eliminate overflows of combined sewage into the Grand River.
>
>*  A loan of $3,040,000 to the city of Port Huron for an additional segment of its efforts to complete separation of its combined sewers.
>
>*  $7,730,000 of assistance to Tuscola County to finance improvements to the village of Caro?s wastewater
>   collection and treatment system.
>
>*  Financing of $17,010,000 to the city of Marquette for wastewater treatment plant improvements and
>   replacement of portions of its sewer system.
>
>*  $3,040,000 to the city of Richmond to fund the construction of an equalization basin and the replacement of an interceptor sewer.
>
>*  A loan of $1,400,000 to the village of Saranac for the upgrade of its wastewater treatment plant and the
>   rehabilitation of portions of its sewer system.
>
>*  $965,000 to the city of Ann Arbor, the fourth in a series of loans, for continuation of its footing drain
>   disconnection program.  The program will accomplish the removal of groundwater from the city?s sanitary
>   sewer system and help prevent sanitary sewer overflows and basement back-ups.
>
>These commitments bring SRF financing awarded to Michigan communities to date to over $2.4 billion.  These projects are further examples of the commitments being made by local units of government in Michigan to ensure protection of the state?s valuable water resources and the public health of its citizens.
>
>The funded DWRF projects include:
>
>*  $3,900,000 to the city of Mt. Clemens to be used for improvements to the city?s water treatment facility and distribution system.

> [...]

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com