E-M:/ Herald Palladium article on Jean Klock Park

Dear Enviromich readers,

Today's Herald-Palladium, the St. Joseph/Benton Harbor newspaper, has a front page story about the Friends of Jean Klock Park's 60-page historical reportand its potential to be a catalyst in getting everyone to rethink the project. We firmly believe this park deserves to be on the National Register and meets all the criteria.

Two groups aim to save park from golf holes: Friends of Jean Klock Park, Defense of Place file 60-page document with U.S. Corps of Engineers detailing park's 124-year history*

By Ann Burch

Benton Harbor-- The Friends of Jean Klock Park and the Michigan affiliate of a national park protection organization have teamed up to keep 22 acres of the Benton Harbor park from becoming three holes of the proposed Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. . . . [snip]

www.heraldpalladium.com

A caution is that this newspaper is by subscription only, but perhaps for the day of issue, the front page articles are viewable online.

*and I want to offer a correction: the park is actually 90 years old this year.

LuAnne Kozma
Defense of Place
www.defenseofplace.org

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.