Re: E-M:/ Shutting Down Environmental Protection

Enviro-Mich message from "Anna Dorothy Graham" <grahama9@msu.edu>

I second this motion! And I don't think it would hurt for others to chime in -- lawmakers need to hear that the electorate considers this an issue.

My first pick -- stop issuing ANY new permits of any sort, and put any
meager funding there is entirely into enforcement. Quality of life is what
drives investment -- and we can't go back and undo the damage of much of the
pollution in this state, we can't give back health to people who were
harmed, and clean ups never really restore natural rivers or lands entirely.

Anne

Anne M. Woiwode, State Director, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter - 109 E.
Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48906

517-484-2372 fax 517-484-3108 -- <mailto:anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org>
anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org

Sierra Club Michigan Chapter celebrating our 40th Anniversary on September
9, 2007

Visit us at <http://michigan.sierraclub.org/index.shtml>
http://michigan.sierraclub.org/index.shtml

Act Today: Join our Legislative Alerts System!
http://mackinac.sierraclubaction.org

Act FOR Tomorrow: Support the Sierra Club Michigan Chapter - contact Wendi
Tilden at wendi.tilden@sierraclub.org

Anna Kirkwood Graham, J.D., Ph.D.
"There is no trifling with nature; it is always true, grave and severe; it is always in the right, and the faults and errors fall to our share."
-- Goethe