Re: E-M:/ RE: E/M Take a tip from Denmark and the EU

Enviro-Mich message from "Jessica Marie Pociask" <pociask1@msu.edu>

Actually, you'll find that same beer/soft drink system throughout most of Central and South America as well. Depending on where you are at, if you purchase a soda from a vendor, often times they will pour it into a plastic baggie, drop in a straw, then wrap the bag around it, to ensure that you don't leave with thier bottle. The only bad past is that the straws and bags usually end up on the side of the road.

Rohrer, Thomas K writes:

Enviro-Mich message from "Rohrer, Thomas K" <rohre1tk@cmich.edu>

Eric:
Thanks for your note. I was going to mention the beer and soft drink bottle system but ran out of time. Of course, I haven't checked out all the brands. Tuborg and Carlsberg, the two major national breweries, all use reusable bottles and crates. There are a total of 229 breweries in DK, including some excellent microbrews. It appears that they all also use the same system. So far, I have only tried 87 of them, though. So many beers, so little time...... :-)
--TR