Re: E-M:/ RE: / Honey Bee Colony Collapse Disorder

Enviro-Mich message from Diane Koskela <dkoskela@mtu.edu>

I too am curious about wasps. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in Houghton County. Last summer I lost my entire raspberry crop to wasps. I have 40-50 plants and probably didn't have a pint of berries that hadn't been damaged.

RC wrote:

Enviro-Mich message from RC <gonzoid1@sbcglobal.net>

I saw three bumble type bees Sunday and a scant few of the honey variety. What surprised me was the wasps that were swarming the flowering trees in my yard. They were practically covering most of the flowers. Is there a new strain of wasp loose in this country?

Adding up the costs of 'free trade' isn't adding up to be a huge benefit: Emerald Ash Borer from China, some moth in California imported from China, etc...

Our jobs go over there and they send us their pestilence... Not a very fair trade...