Re: E-M:/ Toxic waste and race

In a message dated 4/26/2007 1:43:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gstock@net-link.net writes:
Kathryn Savoie wrote:

> Ninety percent of states with facilities have disproportionately
> high percentages of people of color living in host neighborhoods.
> States with the 10 largest differences in people-of-color
> percentages between host neighborhoods and non-host areas include.
>
> --Michigan (66 vs. 19 percent)
I live in Dearborn which according to the stats has the worst air quality in the state.  I am pretty sure the neighborhoods used to be as lilly white as white can be, (hello Orville Hubbard)  and I am also sure the pollution was just as high then as it is now.  Neighborhoods are arabic, white and black, and the pollution still makes it impossible to enjoy a nice summer day.

Companies offer reasons for people not to fight backlow low taxes, etc)  or build in areas where low-income people  can't fight back.  ( I think that race (there really is only human race, its H s sapiens) has very little to do with it.  Color has a lot to do with it, the color is green.

E. Britt

See what's free at AOL.com.