Re: E-M:/ Toxic waste and race

In a message dated 4/27/2007 3:28:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, KSavoie@accesscommunity.org writes:

And, perhaps as someone said, green is the motivating factor behind this. But, the disproportionate impacts on people of color – whether deliberately or unconsciously targeted -- remain.

Plenty of clear folks (as opposed to people of "color") are affected too.  This sort of reverse racist crap is disgusting to me.

Pollution is pollution is pollution.  For every study about people "of color" I am sure a study could be shown to prove that poor folks all over are affected, regardless of what color the skin is.

I am not sure how making a them vs us situation helps the environmental cause at all.

See what's free at AOL.com.