Re: E-M:/ Experts may have found what's bugging the bees.

After reading this article, I think it points more to an immune disorder than to a traceable infection in the hives.  Couldn't it be similar to a person with AIDS dying of pneumonia?  If so, perhaps N. ceranae is just one of several known and unknown pathogens that could gain a foothold in hives that leads to CCD.  If so, while we could treat for N. ceranae, the die off may still continue through some other pathogen.

The debate and conjecture rages on while nothing we are doing changes as we approach the growing season.  "Silent spring" may have a new use: no buzzing in the orchards and fields.

Claire Maitre