Re: E-M:/ response to the TC Commissioners

The comments from the TC Commissioners is a testimony to the power of the disinformation campaign (which Exxon Mobil and others have quietly continued despite their public statements).

Yes, there is a swindle here. The American people are getting swindled by the disinformation campaign and those profiting from it. Very likely there will be economic costs to the public; we are already suffering from the failure of our industries to be competitive in the new world emerging. Little wonder the Europeans and increasingly other nations view the US as unreliable if not unstable.

It all reminds me of the flat Earth people (remember Galileo and Church had this disagreement). Apparently, they are still out there, but they were prominent into the 1950s. When Sputnik went up, they had all sorts of excuses, and when the fist photos came back from space, they were dismissed as fakes. There is another Dark Ages argument out there, evolution and the age of the Earth, but that is off-topic. In these antiscience diatribes, the strength/certainty of the opinion is always inversely related to their knowledge.

Traverse area really needs a new set of representatives; you can be sure this problem is only the "tip of the iceberg".