E-M:/ May 5: rain garden workshop and tour Grand Rapids, Mi

Enviro-Mich message from "thornapple river" <thornapple@hotmail.com>

There is still room in the rain garden workshop!

----------------look forward to seeing you there!-----------------

to download a flyer with a map, click here: http://www.raingardens.org/docs/2007_rain_garden_tour.pdf

Rain Garden Workshop and Tour

May 5, Saturday, 9-Noon, 2007

WMEAC, 1007 Lake Drive SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Would you like to learn how to make your own rain garden? Join us at the offices of West Michigan Environmental Action Council, and we will tell you how! Enjoy a one-hour rain garden presentation and two-hour area tour of local rain gardens. Our building is first in the nation to be double-gold LEED certified. It is the first zero stormwater discharge commercial site in the city (green roof AND rain garden!).

The $35 fee supports the rain garden program (pay at the door).

9 a.m.-10 a.m., rain garden workshop; learn about rain gardens, ideas for creating your own, the beautiful native plants you can use and where to get them, and more. Enjoy delicious fair-trade coffee, local bagels and cream cheese.

10:30 a.m.-noon, carpool tour of the beautiful rain gardens at sites near our offices and see our green roof! If it's raining, bring your umbrella and see them in action. Map provided.

Call 616-451-3051 ext. 29 to pre-register, or use our contact form at http://www.raingardens.org/Contact_Us.php .

Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888