Re: E-M:/ 2003 Report links Bayer pesticide to bee deaths

Digging into the apiculture perspective, I stumbled into one of those
loopback searches that comes home _fast_!

   http://www.beekeeping.com/articles/us/gaucho/gaucho_france.htm

   It is very toxic for the bee, but the formulation "GAUCHO" was
   not supposed to contaminate pollen and nectar, which are
   susceptibly harvested by bees during the flowering of the crop.
   "GAUCHO" is authorized as a seed treatment for Beet, Maize, all
   straw cereals and sunflowers.

(Geez... I thought "Not Supposed To Contaminate" was a GMO TM :-)

   Imidacloprid is found in other formulations in France: "CONFIDOR"
   (spray treatments for fruit trees), "POLYAXE" (Horticulture),
   "ADVANTAGE" (treatment against fleas on dogs and cats).

...because some of us likely are petting some of it right now.

To be fair, note some reports such as, "Gaucho not a killer":

   http://www.honeycouncil.ca/users/Folder.asp?FolderID=4753&NewsID=418

Damning with faint praise, apparently.

GS

Gary Stock wrote:

> Plenty of details available, including about Imidacloprid:
>
>    http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/sepp/2003/11/26/millions_of_bees_dead_bayers_gaucho_blamed.htm
>
>    Millions of bees dead - Bayer's Gaucho blamed

     "Gott würfelt nicht mit der Googlewhack!"   Albert Einstein