Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 19:50:15 -0400
From: "Jack Scholl" <jack.scholl@gmail.com>
Subject: E-M:/ Source of biomass energy in Consumers' Energy "Green Generation" program
To: enviro-mich <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>

Today we received a mailing from Consumers' Energy offering "green blocks" of energy at $2.50/ 150 kWhr of renewable energy.   The only specific additional information on the source of this energy is that only 5% of it is from wind (I know of only 3 commercial windmills operating in the state; correct me if more have been added); and 95% is from biomass.

What do the listserv members know about the source of the biomass used in this program?  I'd call the utility's info. line, but would rather find out more from an independent source, if possible.

Thank you,

Jack Scholl