E-M:/ Smog season starts with a bang

Although I cannot tell for sure because AIRNOW is down,
it is looking as though the most ozone polluted place in the
United States today was Harbor Beach, MI which hit Code
Red ozone today.   At 11 PM, Harbor Beach is still
at 91 ppb.   That site had 4 hours over 100 ppb of ozone earlier today.

Today I had to drive late afternoon from East Lansing to
Marysville....and you can really see a difference as you cross the
Detroit Metro area urban plume with increased amounts of
particles and haze in the air as you get closer to Port Huron.

With temperatures in the mid eighties and plenty of sunshine and
southerly winds to bring that Buckeye air pollution, we will probably
have more of the same tomorrow.

657 Spartan Ave,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com