Re: E-M:/ Hybrid cars

I remember reading not too long ago that the "greenest" car on the market isn't even a hybrid.  Here's the list:
  1. Honda Civic GX
  2. Toyota Prius
  3. Honda Civic Hybrid
  4. Nissan Altima Hybrid
  5. Toyota Yaris
  6. Toyota Corolla
  7. Toyota Camry Hybrid
  8. Honda Fit
  9. Kia Rio / Rio 5
  10. Hyundai Accent
  11. Hyundai Elantra
  12. Honda Civic

Source: http://sierraclub.typepad.com/greenlife/2007/02/clean_green_mac.html

Original: http://www.greenercars.com/12green.html

Also, maybe this is naive, but high demand for hybrid vehicles is likely to produce stronger intrest from the industry to produce MORE and BETTER hybrid vehicles, right?  That seems like common sense to me.  Also the introduction of the Tesla Roadster, a high-end elecrtic car, is likely to inspire intrest in THAT industry, and can only lead to bigger and better (or in this case, less expensive and more family-friendly) things: http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php