E-M:/ Memorial Day 2007: Contaminated beaches, CAFO stench and Dereg of CAFOs

Another summer dawning, and the sickening (nauseating some would say) reality is that the contamination of Michigan’s waters and air by CAFOs is as bad or worse today than it has been at any time in past.  This is not due to a lack of effort by a large number of folks, or even meaningful progress in a variety of specific areas.  Instead it is the logical outcome of years of political clout wielded without apology by an out of control industry to keep themselves fundamentally immune from the bottom line expectation we put on all other industries: the obligation  protection of people and the environment is your .

The direct evidence of pollution in those areas that can see

Anne M. Woiwode, State Director, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter  - 109 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48906

517-484-2372    fax 517-484-3108 -- anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org

Sierra Club Michigan Chapter celebrating our 40th Anniversary on September 9, 2007

Visit us at http://michigan.sierraclub.org/index.shtml

Act Today: Join our Legislative Alerts System! http://mackinac.sierraclubaction.org

Act FOR Tomorrow: Support the Sierra Club Michigan Chapter - contact Wendi Tilden at wendi.tilden@sierraclub.org