E-M:/ OOPS: Memorial Day 2007: Contaminated beaches, CAFO stench and Dereg of CAFOs

Partial thoughts, fast “send” finger -- Thoughts for Memorial Day 2007:

Bottom line:  Go to www.nocafos.org and see the newest atrocities there --- pre Memorial Day weekend

Listen to those speaking out against the deregulatory legislation regarding CAFOS -- their stories are the same as we have heard for almost a decade -- and there are more and more

Support giving the agencies vested with protecting our public health and environment the tools, the skills, the funds, and they moral support they need to shut down irremedial pollutres and to set the clear and enforceable expectation that first we protect and only allow this industry to expand after they PROVE they won’t hurt our homes, our health, our environment

Read about the beach muck and other problems suspected of being related to livestock wastes.

ACT -- tell your Legislators enough is enough, urge your neighbors to speak, and enjoy our precious water resources now so you understand what we have at risk

Anne Woiwode, State Director

Sierra Club Michigan Chapter

(517) 484-2372

Anne M. Woiwode, State Director, Sierra Club Michigan Chapter  - 109 E. Grand River Avenue, Lansing, MI 48906

517-484-2372    fax 517-484-3108 -- anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org

Sierra Club Michigan Chapter celebrating our 40th Anniversary on September 9, 2007

Visit us at http://michigan.sierraclub.org/index.shtml

Act Today: Join our Legislative Alerts System! http://mackinac.sierraclubaction.org

Act FOR Tomorrow: Support the Sierra Club Michigan Chapter - contact Wendi Tilden at wendi.tilden@sierraclub.org