Re: E-M:/ Alternative lighting concerns.

I noticed the same thing at Home Depot.

 In a message dated 5/28/2007 9:12:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, gonzoid1@sbcglobal.net writes:
I was at the local Lowes yesterday looking for alternative lighting
to replace some burned out bulbs and was looking at what is out there
to choose from.

The only thing that they have available are those 'made in China'
fluorescent 'bulbs' which contain small amounts of mercury. No LED
bulbs, nothing...

I am concerned that buying those fluorescent devices is spreading the
possibility for greater mercury contamination for the environment
later. Is this alternative a Faustian bargain? Are we saving some
electricity at the cost of dramatically increased mercury going to
landfills and the environment? I see those things in 12 packs from
trusty Wal-Wart and have to wonder what the effect of that will be
and why no one seems to care.

Or am I an environmental chicken little worrying about nothing.

Robert Cowling
Michigan Environ-Mental-ist

Edie Britt~A Spiritual Discovery : Psychic Medium and Spiritual Advisor