E-M:/ Federal Judge rules against Lone Tree Council

Judge Ludington rules against Lone Tree Council

In a 58 page judgement, Judge Thomas Ludington ruled against Lone Tree Council in our suit against the Army Corp of Engineers and Saginaw County to secure an Environmental Impact Study (EIS) for the dredge slurry pit on the Saginaw River. The site is intended to be a final resting place for dioxin/chemical laden sediments from the navigational dredging of the river. This tax payer owned site is also of interest to Dow Chemical as part of their remediation of the Saginaw River.

Lone Tree is consulting with our attorneys and reviewing the 58 page document. We will have it up on the www.dredgeitright.org  web site in a few days. In the meantime, please go to the web site and view the huge footprint ( aerial shots) of this slurry pit nestled along the Saginaw River, the Crow Island Game Preserve and some of the Saginaw Valley's most fertile farmland.

Stay tuned.

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council

See what's free at AOL.com.