E-M:/ FW: Spring into Summer today (Wed.) at Allen Street Farmers Market

From: Joan Nelson [mailto:joann@allenneighborhoodcenter.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:52 AM
To: Joan Nelson
Subject: Spring into Summer today (Wed.) at Allen Street Farmers Market

Allen Neighborhood Center's
 Allen Street Farmers Market

On the corner of Kalamazoo and Allen Streets  in Lansing, every Wednesday 2:30 to 6:30

Don't forget to put out your yard signs today.  If you don't have a yard sign and are interested in being a valued member of our Yard Sign Corp, sign up at the EBT/Info booth and take one home this Wednesday.

Now that the Market is underway, we are ready to Spring into Summer!  In order to usher in this season of long, sunny days, it is time for those last finishing touches on our backyard, front yard, and community gardens.  For the next couple of markets, our focus will be on gardening with information about The Greater Lansing Food Bank's Garden Project, rain barrels, gardening advice from fellow community members, and other gardening programs offered at The Allen Neighborhood Center.

If you still need to find the right plants for your garden, you can't beat the prices or the quality of the starter plants grown by our farmers.  Wes Clark of Clark Sugarbush has lots of lovely annuals, perennials, and potted herbs including dahlias, seedum, pansy, coneflower, balloon flower, gerber daisies, lavender, nasturtium, spicy oregano, basil, thyme, and hanging cherry tomatoes (perfect for urban porches or patios).   Also, Wes can custom make beautiful trellises, hanging planters, bird house gourd planters, or other fantastic garden accessories.

In addition to their many heirloom tomato starter plants, Market Gardeners, Steve and Chela' of Green Eagle , have eggplant, peppers, squash, cucumber, melon, lettuce, kale, beans, morning glory, cosmos, cleome, huckleberry and more for your garden.

All of us here at the Allen Neighborhood Center, as well as our partnering farmers, are ready to Spring into Summer!  Are you?

If you, or someone you know, is interested in learning more about health care coverage through the Ingham County Health Plan, please visit the ANC Outreach Tent in the Northwest corner of the market.

Yours truly,
Kate Nault
Allen Street Farmers Market Manager

--