E-M:/ Proposed Toledo coke plant takes a hit

This article by the Toledo Blade describes a recent decision to
revoke the issuance of a revised year 2005 air quality permit for the proposed
Toledo coke plant.   However, the article has a very important
error....it wasn't the Environmental Appeals Board that made the
recent decision....it was the Franklin County (OH) Court of Appeals
that said that Ohio EPA could not issue a revised permit once the
original permit for the coke oven was on appeal by the Sierra Club
and the City of Harbor View.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?&Dato=20070602&Kategori=NEWS06&Lopenr=70602001&Ref=AR

In any event, the Toledo Coke plant is in serious trouble as
the company complained they could not comply with the original
permit they received in 2004.

Congratulations to the Sierra Club of Ohio, the City of Harbor View
and Attorney Dennis Muchnicki who did the legal work on this.  I'm
proud to have served as a consultant in this case for my clients,
Sierra Club of Ohio.

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com