E-M:/ Renaming Black Lagoon on June 18th at 9:30 AM

To: Detroit River stakeholders
From: John Hartig
Subject: Renaming Black Lagoon on June 18th at 9:30 AM

It is not often that we get to see a project of this magnitude be completed from scientific problem identification, through planning and sediment remediation ($9.3 million), through shoreline restoration and marina development for economic revitalization, and finally removal of the stigma of "Black Lagoon."  We hope you can join the City of Trenton in cutting a ribbon on the shoreline restoration of Black Lagoon, announcing a major marina development grant, and renaming it Ellias Cove on Monday, June 18th at 9:30 AM at Meyer Ellias Park in Trenton.  This is a once in 25 year opportunity to celebrate a major Great Lakes success story.  In attendance will be Governor Granholm, Congressman Dingell, Congressman Conyers, and Senator Levin.  We hope you can join the City of Trenton for this most important celebration!