[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Discussion on Michigan Liberal -- Question of the Hour -- CAFO issue
- Subject: E-M:/ Discussion on Michigan Liberal -- Question of the Hour -- CAFO issue
- From: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:14:47 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This user on Michigan Liberal has the question of the hour.....
this will be Dems test
0.00 / 0)
Everyone should watch how the House leadership handles this issue.
There's no question--absolutely none--that the CAFOs bills passed by the
Republican-controlled Senate with Dem Barcia's support will put
Michigan's waters at tremendous risk of more pollution. What is
driving this is the immense power of corporate industrial agriculture and
their lobbying arm, the Farm Bureau. All the Farm Bureau needs to
do is put together enough Dem votes to join the Republican minority,
which is apt to be lockstep behind their corporate benefactors.
What will Speaker Dillon do? What will Leader Tobocman do?
For more at Michigan Liberal, go to:
Alex J. Sagady & Associates
Environmental Enforcement, Permit/Technical Review, Public Policy,
Expert Witness Review and Litigation Investigation on Air, Water and
Waste/Community Environmental and Resource Protection
657 Spartan Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); email@example.com