E-M:/ keep your eye on the Michigan Supreme Court

Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davedem@hotmail.com>

BY JOAN WOLFE

Michigan citizens need to be aware that a 37-year-old landmark environmental protection law is at grave risk in a decision pending from the state Supreme Court. As one of many who fought for passage in 1970 of the Michigan Environmental Protection Act, I urge Michigan citizens to take notice that their rights to go to court on behalf of our air, water and other natural resources could be overruled.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070621/OPINION02/706210376/1068/OPINION