Re: E-M:/ bat-lessness?

We're in the SE corner of Livingston County near the SE Branch of the Huron River
and we seem to a very healthy bat population, perhaps more than last year. Earlier in the spring it seemed the population was down for awhile, but suddenly they're everywhere, especially around 5:00 in the morning when they are returning to roost in a hollow ornamental beam on the east side of our house and in the bat house on the north side of the house. They put on a marvelous display of swooping and dodging, landing on the house with soft thuds.

Though I know little about bats, these have been identified as big brown bats.

One thing that is less than previous years is the mosquito population in our yard! Yay!

A. :-)