[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ DEQ Dir. Chester on bills' "license to pollute"
- Subject: E-M:/ DEQ Dir. Chester on bills' "license to pollute"
- From: Janet Kauffman <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:12:20 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Janet Kauffman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020823 Netscape/7.0
in Free Press today, DEQ
Director Steve Chester on the risks from the Senate's CAFO bills:
Don't give large
farms the leeway to pollute
....This legislation makes these factory farms a unique, unregulated class
of industry in Michigan, essentially giving them a license to pollute our
waters, subject communities to potential harm, and diminish their neighbors'
quality of life and property values...