E-M:/ Ecology Center - Policy and Legislative Campaigns Director

The Ecology Center is seeking a talented and experienced advocate to coordinate its grassroots legislative campaigns in Michigan.  The Policy and Legislative Campaigns Director will be responsible for coordinating our Michigan legislative campaigns.  S/he will play a key role in developing all aspects of our legislative efforts including strategy development, media, report releases, grassroots mobilization and strategic ally engagement.  The Ecology Center’s current state issue priorities include environmental health, clean energy and renewable fuels, and zero waste.

Salary is commensurate with relevant professional experience.  The Ecology Center offers generous benefits, including medical, dental, four weeks vacation, and retirement.  We would entertain part-time or full-time options for this position.

To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and a current writing sample by email to jobs@ecocenter.org.  Alternately, please fax to (734) 663-2414 or mail to Ecology Center, 117 N. Division, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.  Please apply before July 10, 2007.  Applications received prior to July 10 will be given priority, but we will continue to receive applications until the position is filled.

For more information and a complete job announcement, see http://www.ecocenter.org/eco-news/legislative_director.shtml.

Please forward this job posting!

Mike Garfield

Mike Garfield