E-M:/ Antibiotic resistance -- the gift that CAFOs keep giving

Even after ending certain antibiotic use, CAFOs still
deliver up antibiotic resistant bacteria.....the "gift" that
keeps "giving".....

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2007/115-7/ss.html#mang

POPULATION HEALTH | The Persistence of Fluoroquinolone-Resistant Campylobacter in Poultry Production
Lance B. Price, Leila G. Lackey, Rocio Vailes, and Ellen Silbergeld
Also see Science Selections, p. A362
1035 [ Abstract ] [ Full ] [ PDF ]

POPULATION HEALTH | Antibiotic-Resistant Enterococci and Fecal Indicators in Surface Water and Groundwater Impacted by a Concentrated Swine Feeding Operation
Amy R. Sapkota, Frank C. Curriero, Kristen E. Gibson, and Kellogg J. Schwab
1040 [ Abstract ] [ Full ] [ PDF ]
Hey....how establishing about a Senator Gerald VanWoekom
"antibiotic resistant campylobacter day" ...???  We could hold it
outside of his next fundraiser in Muskegon.   We could dress up
a guy in a chicken head suit in a "andromeda strain" biohazard suit
and pass out some petri-dishes so people can culture their
chicken from Krogers and Meijers.   Of course, stunts like that can
let you end up like this guy:
http://www.caedefensefund.org/

But it seems everybody gets a film made about them these days:
http://presence.stanford.edu:3455/Collaboratory/947

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        http://www.sagady.com

Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com