E-M:/ WEDNESDAY in Waterford: Rain Gardens - Landscaping for Water Quality

Please join Clean Water Action, Sierra Club and the Southeast Oakland County Water Authority this Wednesday, July 11th from 12:00pm – 1:00pm at the Warming House Pavilion in Waterford (550 Civic Center Dr., Waterford) for our Brown Bag Lunch Seminar on rain gardens.  Bring your lunch and learn as Lillian Dean from the Southeast Oakland County Water Authority educates residents on how to beautify their backyards while protecting water quality at the same time.

As southeast Michigan continues to grow and become more developed we have fewer and fewer green spaces.  Fewer green spaces means that each time it rains toxics like oil and gasoline, chemicals and fertilizers are washed off our streets, parking lots and yards and into the storm drains that empty to our lakes, rivers and streams.   This toxic stormwater run-off hurts the water quality of our lakes, rivers and streams and has a negative impact on the organisms living in and around them.  Rain gardens are a beautiful way to help treat stormwater naturally in your own backyard.  Lillian Dean is an expert on creating beautiful rain gardens; she will share her knowledge and provide you with the resources you need to get started on your own rain garden.

For more information please contact me anytime at (248) 336-3460 or lkaucheck@cleanwater.org

I hope to see you Wednesday,

Lynna
--
Lynna Kaucheck
Community Organizer

"When the wells dry, we'll know the worth of water." ~ Ben Franklin