E-M:/ Lakes issue highlights fed, state differences

ACME — In his first term, President George W. Bush formed a multi-agency Great Lakes Task Force and vowed to give the lakes increased attention and resources.

At the National Governors Association annual meeting here, I asked Environment Protection Agency Administrator Stephen Johnson what's been accomplished. He replied:.......

I then asked Gov. Jennifer Granholm if she was satisfied with the progress. She snapped: "No. What progress?”