[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Job Posting for the Michigan League of Conservation Voters
- Subject: E-M:/ Job Posting for the Michigan League of Conservation Voters
- From: Brian Beauchamp <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:53:18 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Brian Beauchamp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 22.214.171.124 (Windows/20070509)
Enviro-Mich message from Brian Beauchamp <email@example.com>
MICHIGAN LEAGUE OF CONSERVATION VOTERS
MICHIGAN LEAGUE OF CONSERVATION VOTERS EDUCATION FUND
Job Posting: Communications Manager /
The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is seeking a talented and
self-motivated Communications Manager to oversee its increasingly
important electronic communications, as well as its publications and
media relations. This is a part-time position.
Michigan League of Conservation Voters (LCV) is a dynamic non-profit,
independent political organization working with its members and the
state’s conservation and environmental community to make environmental
protection a top priority with elected officials and the voting public.
Michigan LCV helps elect candidates to public office who stand up for
conservation principles, and holds elected officials accountable for
their actions. The affiliated Michigan LCV Education Fund shares staff
and office space with Michigan LCV, and is a 501(c)(3), non-profit,
non-partisan organization that builds the political muscle of the
conservation community through technical support, training and coalition
building. Michigan LCV Education Fund also supports programs to increase
voting and citizen participation in Michigan’s democratic process.
Michigan LCV’s office is in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Communications
Manager will be responsible for communications for both organizations.
The position is responsible to and supervised by the Executive Director.
_Duties and Responsibilities: _
The Michigan League of Conservation Voters Communications Manager will
oversee all aspects of the organization's publications, media relations,
and communications. The Communication Manager will work with the
executive director and program staff in developing communications
strategies for each program, and will coordinate the development and
application of organizational and campaign messages and materials,
including print and web-based publications, fact sheets, e-action
Specific responsibilities include:_
* Developing and overseing production of a monthly electronic newsletter;
* Improving and overseeing production of our quarterly newsletter;
* Overseeing production of our bi-annual Environmental Briefing Book and
other publications, as needed;
* Overseeing maintenance of our two websites (www.michiganlcv.org and
www.michiganlcvedfund.org) and our blog;
* Partnering with the executive director on any and all polling, focus
group and message development work completed on behalf of Michigan
LCV/Michigan LCV Education Fund;
* Assessing the Michigan LCV/Michigan LCV Education Fund electronic
communications needs and creating a 5-year electronic communications plan;
* Developing a comprehensive organizational communications plan,
including both short-term and long-term goals; and
* Developing and maintaining a consistent organizational image in
Michigan League of Conservation Voters publications and presentations.
The Communication Manager will also work with staff to coordinate the
Michigan League of Conservation Voters’ media relations, with
responsibility for press releases, media events, briefing materials, and
cultivation of press contacts.
The Communication Manager is also responsible for performing the
administrative tasks necessary to accomplish his or her job, including
but is not limited to:
• Filling out bi-monthly time sheets and other office paperwork, as
• Participating in and assisting with trainings for staff, member
leaders, and other members for their leadership development;
• Attending staff, Board and annual meetings, and other meetings and
events as assigned.
_Necessary Qualifications: The Communications Manager must have:_
* Excellent writing skills, including the ability to take complex issues
and communicate them to the general public;
* Three + years experience in public relations, journalism, electronic
communications or related jobs;
* Excellent “people skills” and a track record of using them in prior
* Experience with project management, including both staff and
* In-depth experience with website design and maintenance, as well as
online advocacy tools and blogs;
* Solid computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office,
graphic design and website programs;
* Ability to create “high touch” print materials, including brochures,
* Campaign experience, either electoral or issue-focused, preferable;
* Fine tuned organizational skills and ability to work both
independently and collaboratively;
* Willingness to travel throughout the state;
* A bachelor’s degree in a related field; and
* A general understanding of environmental issues and Michigan politics
combined with a commitment to the mission and purpose of Michigan LCV
and Michigan LCV Education Fund.
Salary is commensurate with relevant professional experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, three references, and two current
writing samples by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If necessary, you may
fax these documents to (734) 222-9651, or send via US Mail to Michigan
League of Conservation Voters, 213 W. Liberty Street, Ann Arbor, MI
48104. For more information, please call (734) 222-9650.
Please apply before July 27, 2007. Applications received prior to July
27 will be given priority, but we will continue to receive applications
until the position is filled.
/The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is an equal opportunity
ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at
Postings to: email@example.com For info, send email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich"