Re: E-M:/ RE: / Michigan Supreme Court votes 4-3 to narrow environmental law ...

It seems that the Michigan Supreme Court's conception of
standing and using that doctrine to bar litigation is incompatible with ......

1.   Precautionary principle and the need to prevent environmental and
natural resource damage before it happens.

2.  The public health principle of prevention to avoid disease.

3.  Modern toxicology of persistent and bioaccumulative compounds.

4.  Concepts of environmental transport and transformation of toxic pollutants.

5.   Public trust doctrine and the ability of citizen's attorney general to speak up to
protect the Michigan Constitutions paramount interest in protection of environment,
natural resources and public health.

6.  That those who are not land owners or riparians have an interest in protection
of the state's resources.

All 4 judges who made this decision are radical republicans that come from the
Federalist society orbit.   The dissenters were bi-partisan with justice Weaver
being the kind of republican that party used to be in this state.

At 06:53 PM 07/25/2007, you wrote:
>Our West Michigan Senator Gerry VanWoerkom's Nestle cohorts are celebrating!  VanWoerkom's support for his Republican Supreme Court buddies in the last election paid off.  Between big money Ice Mountain and CAFOs, VanWoerkom is on a roll screwing the watershed resources of Michigan.  We took a pontoon ride on Mona Lake last Sunday past VanWoerkom's house to see how nice it is to live the life of rich and famous.

>Get a sneak peek of the all-new <http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000982>AOL.com.

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); ajs@sagady.com