[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: E-M:/ Here we go again!
- Subject: Re: E-M:/ Here we go again!
- From: "Eric Baerren" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:25:36 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=j5MBFibahQtTJhyEC2IuT0SOwOJzOHjqH4e9kvMJ+E5xw+Fhnebx6SswddDD152oZD58u08C5DhsGrUXmdTnAvCxTlRVz+BxlC7LF1LKx0Mki8EUnOI4tQNEo6f2VXp/Am0MmrmoyZIs3cznt6NybZ1NgOe9okri4RSmzjV2csM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=KIF6jVf4piJcJZPGx4CjuhEqVavegKbZb+X+gheKVjCuOeHIWzhjH/Z5Hm+IUETF8DzDwT9K7yZxy5QiPtSj801I+icTr+xopC9NTTyrceF/claTEkzOHETjTWcdSdQnupSOPG+Zc5VnpeSdFU39Yjp7EpZjgEmHZwx1Fvzlqeo=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- References: <002201c7d2de$0dbd4930$4201a8c0@Computer3> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Eric Baerren" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>From what I read, Justice Young said that you protect the trout by electing a new governor.
On 7/30/07, Alexander J. Sagady <
Enviro-Mich message from "Alexander J. Sagady" <email@example.com>
Let's say that a convincing case could be made that the
proposed Kennecott Mine would endanger the existing
populations of Coaster Trout.... that is the rare species
in that watershed near the proposed mine, right?
Now, under the decision by the radical Federalist
Society judges on the Michigan Supreme Court, how
could anybody claim damages from destruction or impairment of
a rare trout species?
One doesn't fish for rare trout. You probably wouldn't see
such trout frequently in hiking near the river. How does one
demonstrate damages and thus standing in protecting a rare
species under the Michigan Supreme Court's standing doctrine
At 03:15 PM 07/30/2007, Save the Wild UP wrote:
>Monday July 30, 2007
>The DEQ is resuming the permit application process after a 5-month investigation into missing documents, possible malfeasance by a DEQ employee and serious safety issues with the Kennecott's mine plan. We need anyone and everyone who is concerned about the proposed mine to step up and speak out at the public hearings or send in your letters urging the DEQ to deny this permit.
>-from the <http://michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-135-3311_4111_18442-130551--,00.html>DEQ Eagle Project Update Page:
>"The DEQ has resumed its review of the Eagle Project Mine permit application and reinstated its earlier proposed decision to approve a series of permits to the Kennecott Eagle Minerals Company. This decision remains only a proposal and the public will continue to have an opportunity to provide their comments. Public hearings have been scheduled near Marquette at the West Branch Community Center in Forsyth Township from September 11-13, as well as at the Lansing Center on September 19. The public comment period will remain open through October 17, and written comments can be sent to DEQ/DNR Kennecott Comments, Office of Geological Survey,
P.O. Box 30256, Lansing, Michigan 48909-7756, or by e-mail at <mailto:DEQ-Kennecottfirstname.lastname@example.org>DEQ-Kennecottemail@example.com."
>Note the change in the mail and e-mail address for the comments. All correspondence used to be sent to Steve Wilson (
>Save The Wild UP
Alex J. Sagady & Associates http://www.sagady.com
Environmental Enforcement, Permit/Technical Review, Public Policy,
Expert Witness Review and Litigation Investigation on Air, Water and
Waste/Community Environmental and Resource Protection
Prospectus at: http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf
657 Spartan Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 332-6971; (517) 332-8987 (fax); firstname.lastname@example.org
ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at
Postings to: email@example.com For info, send email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich"