E-M:/ Oakland County: Join Sierra Club and Clean Water Action's events in August!

Please join Sierra Club and Clean Water Action for a number of upcoming opportunities to learn about water quality issues in Rochester and Waterford and to take action in protecting Michigan's water.

Brown Bag Lunch Seminar (Waterford)
Wednesday, August 1 from 12 to 1pm
Warming House Pavilion (5050 Civic Center Drive) - Bring your lunch!
During August's "Brown Bag Lunch Seminar," Ruth Vrbensky with the Oakland County Conservation District will discuss native plantings.
Sponsored by Sierra Club and Clean Water Action

Stencil Storm Drains
Thursday, August 2 at 6pm
Meet in the Rochester Hills Public Library Parking Lot
Anything that is flushed down a storm drain is not "treated" before it reaches a stream or river.  This means that oil, antifreeze, paint, grass clippings, household waste, pet waste, or any other waste on streets and sidewalks goes directly into a nearby stream, river, or lake.  You can help increase awareness by stenciling storm drains, "Dump No Waste, Drains to River."
RSVP to melissa.damaschke@sierraclub.org or 248-549-6213.
Sponsored by Sierra Club

ECOs 'n Espresso (Rochester Hills)
Tuesday, August 7 at 7pm
Caribou Coffee (on Walton, next to Trader Joe's)
Meet me for some tea or coffee!  We'll discuss Great Lakes issues, specifically water restoration.  More specifically we'll begin to work in our communities to protect our Great Lakes and other water bodies from pesticides and fertilizers with phosphorus.
Sponsored by Sierra Club

ECOs 'n Espresso (Waterford)
Tuesday, August 9 at 7pm
Panera Bread (on Highland Road/M-59, in front of Kroger)
Meet me for some tea or coffee!  We'll discuss Great Lakes issues, specifically water restoration.  More specifically we'll begin to work in our communities to protect our Great Lakes and other water bodies from pesticides and fertilizers with phosphorus.
Sponsored by Sierra Club

Brown Bag Lunch Seminar (Rochester)
Wednesday, August 15 from 12 to 1pm
Mr. B's Food & Spirits (423 South Main Street) - order your lunch there!
During August's "Brown Bag Lunch Seminar," Ruth Vrbensky with the Oakland County Conservation District will discuss native plantings.
Sponsored by Sierra Club and Clean Water Action

MOVIE VIEWING:  A World Without Water (Waterford)
Monday, August 20 at 6:30pm
Waterford Public Library (5168 Civic Center Drive)
The struggle for water and the battle for its ownership is explored through compelling stories of familes living in Bolivia, Detroit, Dar Es Salaam, and Rajestan.
Sponsored by Sierra Club and Clean Water Action

MOVIE VIEWING:  A World Without Water (Rochester Hills)
Tuesday, August 28 at 6:30pm
Oakland University (Oakland Center)
For directions, visit this website, http://www.sba.oakland.edu/Autoe/Directions.pdf
The struggle for water and the battle for its ownership is explored through compelling stories of familes living in Bolivia, Detroit, Dar Es Salaam, and Rajestan.
Sponsored by Sierra Club and Clean Water Action

Together, we will keep the Great Lakes GREAT!

Melissa Damaschke
Sierra Club Conservation Organizer
1723 West Fourteen Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073