E-M:/ Fwd: Join other activists at Rep Dingell's global warming town halls!

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ben Kroetz, TrueMajority" <alerts@truemajority.org>
Date: August 3, 2007 2:49:02 PM GMT-04:00
Subject: Join other activists at Rep Dingell's global warming town halls!

TrueMajority

Dear Edward,

Recently, Congressman John Dingell acknowledged the need for global warming policy to drastically slash greenhouse emissions in the United States. But while he calls for necessary cuts in the emissions, he’s delayed discussion in Congress on fuel economy, renewable energy standards, and advocated for stripping the EPA of its right to regulate global warming pollution.

Next week, Representative Dingell is holding two town hall meetings on global warming. You’re invited to join other global warming activists to pass out information on Rep. Dingell’s record at the town hall meeting, and to tell him what you want to see from him in Congress. He needs to hear that Michiganders want to see Congress pass drastic cuts in emissions and funding for renewable energy sources by the next session.

The town hall meeting details are:

Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Pioneer High School, Schreiber Auditorium
601 W Stadium Blvd
(between Main St. and Prescott Ave)
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

We’ll meet in the Visitor’s parking lot at 2:30 PM to prepare. Look for people wearing red t-shirts (you'll get one too!).The event begins at 3:30 PM.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
University of Michigan - Dearborn
Social Sciences Building
4901 Evergreen Rd
Dearborn, MI 48124

Park in visitor’s parking structure across from building. We’ll meet in Parking “A” at 4:30 PM to prepare. Look for people wearing red t-shirts (you'll get one too!). The event begins at 5:30 PM.

The event is being organized by Greenpeace, our partner on Project Hot Seat, so if you have any questions or would like to RSVP please call 1.267.402.0724 or email rebecca.sobel@wdc.greenpeace.org

Your friend,

Ben Kroetz
TrueMajority Field Director

Please forward this to your friends and family.

If you received this message from a friend, you can sign up for TrueMajority.