E-M:/ Register Today: Healing Our Waters - Great Lakes Restoration Conference

Enviro-Mich message from "Chris Grubb" <Grubbc@nwf.org>

Register today for the 2007 Healing Our Waters* Great Lakes Restoration
Conference, September 6-8 in Chicago, Illinois. Deadlines for
scholarships and discounted hotel rooms are looming, so don't miss this
opportunity to be a part of the most important Great Lakes event of the
year.

To learn more and register, visit:
http://www.greatlakes.org/calendar/restoration_conference.asp

About the conference:
We have a once-in-a-generation chance to significantly restore the
health of our Great Lakes, to help our children and their children enjoy
the Lakes as we have. This year's event, to be held near the Lake
Michigan lakefront and Chicago's new international attraction,
Millennium Park, will build on the success of the First and Second
Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conferences.

Why attend?
To advance the effort to restore the Great Lakes for future
generations.

Set the restoration agenda:
Conference participants have an opportunity to advance Great Lakes
restoration by unifying the region behind a priority list of restoration
programs to advocate for in Washington, D.C., building a compelling case
for passing the national Great Lakes Collaboration Implementation Act,
and inspiring citizens and organizations to join the drive to restore
the Great Lakes.

Gain the skills to take action for the Great Lakes:
The conference will help participants better understand the issues
facing the Lakes and the actions they can take to protect them.

Network with people at the center of the effort to restore the Great
Lakes:
As always, leading stakeholders will attend the conference, providing
attendees with the opportunity to meet key players from government,
business and advocacy groups who are essential to making Great Lakes
restoration succeed, build partnerships, and join the movement to
restore the Great Lakes.

Who should attend?
# People committed to Great Lakes restoration
# Business leaders dependent on the Great Lakes
# Local, state, federal and tribal government officials
# Federal and state lawmakers and legislative staff
# Community leaders from across the Great Lakes Basin
# Scientists and researchers
# Environmental and conservation groups
# Travel and tourism interests
# Boating, fishing and recreation interests
# Environmental consulting firms and agencies
# Governmental affairs staff

For more information
Contact: Martha Borie Wood, events program manager, Alliance for the
Great Lakes, at: 312-939-0838 ext. 227, or mboriewood@greatlakes.org