[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Join Sierra Club at the Green Cruise on Saturday!
- Subject: E-M:/ Join Sierra Club at the Green Cruise on Saturday!
- From: Melissa Damaschke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 13:44:54 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Melissa Damaschke <email@example.com>
Saturday, August 11, 2007
BE THE POLLUTION SOLUTION!
BE IN OUR PARADE!!!
Wear Green, Dress Up in Costumes,
Decorate Your Bike, Be Creative!
Arrive at 12:45pm to be in the parade.
Meet on the northwest corner of
9 Mile and Woodward (in front of Old Navy).
What is the Green Cruise?
Sierra Club organizes the Green Cruise to celebrate alternative forms of transportation that do not burn fossil fuels by celebrating the people that use these alternatives - walkers, canoers, bikers, runners, rollerbladers, hikers, swimmers, etc.
Before the Green Cruise, get on your bike!
Please make sure to wear your helmet, obey all traffic signs, and stay with the group.
|11am ||20 mile pre-Green Cruise ride (meet at Allen and Nine Mile Road) |
- Cities on this bike route include Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Royal Oak, Berkley, and Oak Park
- Map of Route
|11:30am ||5.5 and 10 mile beginner and/or family pre-Green Cruise ride (meet at Allen and Nine Mile Road) |
- Tour Ferndale's marked bike lanes and bike routes
- Map of Route
BE IN THE GREEN CRUISE PARADE AT 1 PM
(WEAR GREEN, DECORATE YOUR BIKE, BE CREATIVE!)
After the Green Cruise Parade
|1:30pm ||Join us at Planavon Street |
- Enjoy ?edible fuel? from Whole Foods
- Sign the ?World?s Largest Footprint Petition,? pledging to reduce global warming emissions
- Win prizes from
Claddagh Chiropractic, Moosejaw, Buffalo Wild Wings, Modern Skate & Surf
- Learn how to recycle from the Southeast Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority (SOCRRA)
- Find out information about global warming and local organizations
- Join Leisure Unlimited for some fun children?s activities
- Get your face painted by member of VegMichigan
- Receive a free massage from Mario Massage
- Tricycle race at 1:45pm (ages 3 to 5)
- Check out local bike routes
|2pm ||RALLY FOR CHANGE |
(and your chance to win cool prizes)
Reasons to be a Green Cruiser:
- The only fuel you need to be a Green Cruiser is a healthy meal!
- People in cars regularly suffer three times as much pollution as Green Cruisers because they are sitting in the line of the exhaust fumes from the car in front (Environmental Transport Association).
- Green Cruising raises your metabolism so you are burning calories faster, even while you rest.
- Walker-friendly places are people-friendly places. Putting walkers needs first results in a more attractive, liveable environment for everyone - where people not only walk but also linger, meet, interact, and play. More people out and about on foot makes everyone feel safer and discourages crime and anti-social
- The average cost of a new bicycle bought in the United States is $385.00 and the average cost of a new car in the United States is $13,531.98. Green Cruising is cheaper!
Thank you 2007 Green Cruise Sponsors!
The CW 50
Nth Degree Fitness
Ferndale Pub Crawl
American Cycle & Fitness
Modern Skate & Surf
Buffalo Wild Wings
SOCRRA (Southeast Oakland County Resource Recovery Authority)
Clean Water Action
Bill Freund's Olympic Bicycle & Fitness Center
St. Luke's Episcopal Church - Ferndale
SPREAD THE WORD!
TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!