Re: E-M:/ Banned alfalfa

A year ago I looked at this RR-alfalfa for my Hamilton Wildlife Area and decided against it.  Too many negatives.  I'm under the WHIP program.  I instead converted my open space areas to native prairie grasses hoping that once established the native grasses would better survive our dry summers.  I'm still fighting the exotic plants which is a continuous challenge.  RR-alfalfa is expensive, usually bought in bulk and divided between several hunters for small food plots.  Hunters then use Roundup saving time at the northern hunt camps when they live in the metro areas.