Re: E-M:/ I just caught this on the Gristmill...

It's very telling how these folks all end up at the Mackinaw Center. Keith Harrison can whine till hell freezes over. In 2002 in mid-Michigan we watched Mr. Harrison work hand in hand with Russ Harding, James Haveman and others in the Engler Administration to foist a risk assessment down the throats of local residents impacted by Dow Chemical's pervasive dioxin contamination in Saginaw, Bay and Midland counties. Toxicologists from MDEQ and MDCH attempted to weigh in heavily against the proposed science but their comments were never shared with the public and they were not permitted to speak to the media or to speak at  public meetings. This Monte Carlo Risk Assessment was proposed by Dow Chemical but that was never revealed by anyone, including Mr. Harrison,  until meeting notes were obtained via a FOIA....... Mr. Harrison sat front and center and spit on transparency and open government. Good riddance!

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council