RE: E-M:/ Out of state trash/Granholm/waste incineration

Enviro-Mich message from "Rohrer, Thomas K" <rohre1tk@cmich.edu>

Chlorinated dioxins and dibenzofurans in biota and sediments of the Gulf of Bothnia (downwind from Sweden) are similar to what is seen in Saginaw Bay.  See Kjell Lundgren's doctoral dissertation

 http://www.diva-portal.org/umu/theses/abstract.xsql?dbid=24

and the published scientific literature from the early 80's to present.

Review article in Chemosphere is here:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V74-4MV19PX-4&_user=1349914&_coverDate=04%2F30%2F2007&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000052406&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=1349914&md5=411c028f87822c61c1795bc78982af13

--TR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thomas K. Rohrer, Asst. Prof. & Director
Environmental Studies Program
318 Brooks Hall
Central Michigan University
Mt. Pleasant  MI  48859
U. S. A.

Ph. (989) 774-4409
email = tom.rohrer@cmich.edu

CMU Environmental Studies Program information is available at:

http://www.cst.cmich.edu/units/env/

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world: indeed it is the only thing that ever has!
                     -- Margaret Meade

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though sometimes checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much.....because they live in that gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
                                ~~ Teddy Roosevelt

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait till oil and coal run out before we tackle that."

                          ~~Thomas Edison, 1931