From: Alexander J. Sagady [mailto:ajs@sagady.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:27 PM
To: Julie Metty Bennett; enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: RE: / Out of state trash/Granholm/waste incineration

At 10:59 AM 08/29/2007, you wrote:
>Capturing energy from waste doesn't have to involve combustion. I think

>she was talking about landfill gas recovery.

In general, landfill gas recovered from landfills is hardly ever
used for pipeline gas.   Almost all landfill gas recovery is used
in conjunction with onsite gas fired engines for electricity generation.

Where landfill gas contains chlorinated hydrocarbons, those same gas
fired engines do generate polychlorinated dibenzo dioxins/furans.