Re: E-M:/ RE: / Out of state trash/Granholm/waste incineration

Julie, how do your know that is what Granholm meant?   Most of the time when
there is discussion of using MSW for energy and steam, it means building
MSW-fired combustion units (i.e. incinerators with energy recovery).

If you have evidence that it is landfill gas that is what Granholm meant, then please
post it.   But also note that many landfills must already do landfill gas recovery
under Clean Air Act regulation, so any emphasis on this as some kind of new
visionary policy is misplaced.

Frankly, if Granholm thinks it is desirable environmental, social and
economic policy for Michigan that other states send their municipal
solid waste to Michigan and then somehow landfill gas recovery is
the bright spot for this....then that is just trying to put a pretty face on
Michigan as everyone else's dumping ground.....Michigan as
the region's MSW pay-toilet for disposal.